Grizzly Bear Chili
It’s cold and miserable outside and you’re inside with your hands wrapped around a warm bowl of Grizzly Bear Chili. Life is good, and getting there only takes 15 minutes of prep time with this recipe.
1 lb ground turkey
2 11-ounce cans of crushed or chopped tomatoes
2 cans of mixed beans
1 can of black beans
½ chopped medium onion
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 diced garlic cloves
½ tbs ground cumin (if you don’t have any you may replace with more chili powder)
¼ cup pickled jalapenos
- Open all three cans of beans and drain. Fill a bowl or pot with water and add the beans to the water. Let sit while you prep the rest of the chili.
- Chop your onion and dice your garlic.
- Grab a pan and splash a bit of coconut or olive oil in it. Fry up your ground turkey, onions and garlic.
- In your slow cooker (if you don’t have one a large pot will work fine) empty the cans of tomatoes. Add the chili powder, red pepper flakes, cumin and the turkey mixture.
- Stir around the bean/water mixture with your hands or spoon and drain. Fill again with water – stir again giving the beans one final rinse and drain one last time before adding the beans to your slow cooker.
- Prior to serving, stir in the jalapenos.
Please note: no Grizzly bears were harmed in the making of this recipe.
Want more? We’ve got 9 other amazing winter recipes ready for you. Click here to get your free 10 Great Winter Hibernation Recipes eBook!