Recipe: BBQ Beer Can Chicken
Hosting a BBQ at your place this weekend? Impress your buddies with this quick and easy BBQ beer can chicken recipe. Simple ingredients, simply delicious.
1 (4-pound) whole chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons of dry spice rub
1 onion quartered
1 can of beer
- Remove the giblets and neck from the inside cavity of the bird. Give your bird a good rinse and dry off with paper towel.
- Massage olive oil into your chicken, then coat in dry rub.
- Crack open your can of beer and take a couple big gulps so that you’ve only got ½ a can remaining.
- Place the cavity of the chicken over the beer can then balance the bird on your grill with the beer can resting down.
- Cook for about an hour and 15 minutes on indirect medium-high heat about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees farenheight
Looking for a side to go with it? Check out our Campfire Dinner Recipe for a delicious baked potato and veggie dish to make on the BBQ.