When it comes to drinking the line can get a bit a blurry. The good news is studies have proven drinking in moderation can actually have health benefits. But what is moderation?
Lets break it down:
If you’re drinking 15 drinks per week, congratulations! You’re still in a good healthy range. Unfortunately, that’s up to 3 per night, meaning you can’t bank all 15 for the weekend.
1. If you’re using a mix use 100% real juice, and add lots of ice. Why not get some fiber and nutrients in?
2. If you’re going to go with wine go for a dry wine to reduce sugar intake.
3. Keep water handy. Alcohol is a natural diuretic so sipping water with your drink keeps you hydrated and feeling good tomorrow.
4. Eat. Something healthy that is, like a sandwich or chicken burger.
5. Take a multi-vitamin the next day. Drinking can deplete the body’s natural store of vitamins and minerals so go ahead and top up.
6. Drink pop or other artificially sweetened drinks as a mix. The excess sugar can more than double the amount of calories…and hangover.
7. Drink too fast: try not to exceed 2 drinks in 3 hours.
8. Drink with artificial sweeteners. If you need something sweet – it’s better to go for the real thing.
If you’re wondering how to get rid of your hangovers, we’ve got your back.
Download “A Guy’s Guide to Hangover Cures” ebook right now.
You’ll also be signing up for DCM’s monthly health tips. Unsubscribe anytime.