Looking for Taco Tuesday inspiration? Look no further!
Spice up your weeknight dinner rotation with this healthy chicken tacos recipe. Tacos are a ridiculously tasty way to enjoy Mexican cuisine – they’re quick, filling and flavor-packed. This mouthwatering recipe turns up the heat and features delicious chicken tacos loaded with lean protein.
Sounds good, right?
Get the fully loaded Mexican recipe book for free
Amazing & Healthy Chicken Tacos
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kg skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded or grated
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole or 1 sliced avocado
- Wash chicken under cold water and cut into thin strips or bite sized pieces.
- Prep the tortillas, lettuce, cheese, salsa and guacamole.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir chicken, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in the hot oil until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto each tortilla and top with cheese, lettuce, salsa and guacamole/avocado.
Protip: Nail these fundamentals, then get creative with your own ingredients.
Do you like this blog?
As a national charity, we rely on donations to provide our services to Canadians. Every contribution helps.Make a Donation