Amazingly Healthy Chicken Tacos Recipe
Spice up your weeknight dinner rotation with this healthy chicken tacos recipe. Tacos are a ridiculously tasty way to enjoy Mexican cuisine – they’re quick, filling and flavor-packed. This mouthwatering recipe turns up the heat and features delicious chicken tacos loaded with lean protein.
Sounds good, right?
Get the fully loaded Mexican recipe book for free
Amazingly Healthy Chicken Tacos
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kg skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded or grated
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole
- Wash chicken under cold water and cut into thin strips or bite sized pieces.
- Prep the tortillas, lettuce, cheese, salsa and guacamole.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir chicken, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in the hot oil until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto each tortilla and top with cheese, lettuce, salsa and guacamole.
Protip: Nail these fundamentals, then get creative with your own ingredients.