Chickpea and Vegetable Stir Fry
Every guy knows it’s good to eat more vegetables, but sometimes it feels like too much work. So we’ve got a challenge for you – next time you’re in the canned food aisle, load up on chickpeas. There are literally hundreds of ways to use chickpeas, and it doesn’t get much easier than opening a can. When you add some veggies and your favourite stir fry sauce, you can’t go wrong! To start you on your chickpea binge, we’ll walk you through a simple Chickpea and Veggie Stir Fry:
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 8 Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (400 g)
- Your favourite stir-fry sauce
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Grab the largest frying pan you own, and heat ½ cup of water until boiling on the stovetop.
- Cook veggies over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and cook over medium-high heat for another 2 minutes.
- Add your stir-fry sauce and toss for another minute.
- Serve over rice with some sesame seeds on top.
Do you like this blog?
As a national charity, we rely on donations to provide our services to Canadians. Every contribution helps.Make a Donation