Easy & Tasty Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
When you’re in a rush, nothing hits the spot like Chinese food. Those little take-out boxes full of chow mein, fried rice and beef and broccoli are mighty tasty – but did you know that most Chinese food is loaded with saturated fat, calories and salt?
Fear not: making satisfying, healthy Chinese food at home is easier than using a fork instead of chopsticks (does anyone really know how to hold their chopsticks?). Check out our easy Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry next time you need a Chinese food fix.
- Brown rice
- Soy sauce
- Beef broth (optional)
- Brown sugar
- Garlic powder
- First, throw on some brown rice.
- To make your stir fry sauce, add ⅓ cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp water or beef broth, 2 tbsp of brown sugar, ½ tbsp of ground ginger and a pinch of salt. Put aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder until smooth.
- Add small chunks of steak to the bowl and toss together.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, cook beef in 1 tablespoon of oil until browned; remove the beef from the skillet.
- Next, cook chopped broccoli and onion in the remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Throw your beef back in the skillet.
- Add your pre-made stir fry sauce to the pan.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Do you like this blog?
As a national charity, we rely on donations to provide our services to Canadians. Every contribution helps.Make a Donation