Going Nuts Just Got Spicy
Attention all nut addicts, get ready to toss those artificially flavoured packaged nuts for this super simple homemade recipe instead. Cayenne-spiked roasted nuts make for a truly dramatic crunch and once you get a taste, you’ll never go back!
Plus, nuts are packed with the stuff your body craves and needs like protein, fibre, good fats, vitamins and minerals. Go for mixed nuts and get a variety of health boosting goodness.
What you need:
- 2 cups unsalted nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc)
- 2 tbsp oil with a high smoke point (try coconut oil or avocado oil)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- Roast the nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to a separate bowl.
- In the same skillet warm your oil then add the spices, stir for another 30 seconds.
- Re-add your nuts and stir until evenly coated.
- Remove from heat and let cool before serving.
If you like this recipe, share it with your friends!