Winner winner! Chicken Fajita Kabobs for dinner!
Kabobs are a healthy BBQer’s best friend. They are quick and easy, and a great way to get more veggies into your meal. Try out this simple and delicious kabob recipe, and add whatever veggies suit your tastes.
Chicken Fajita Kabobs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup olive oil
- Cilantro, chopped (about a handful)
- 2 Jalapenos, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- Pinch of salt
- 1 yellow onion cut in pieces that can be skewered
- 1 green pepper cut in pieces that can be skewered
- 1 red pepper cut in pieces that can be skewered
- Cherry tomatoes (keep these whole)
- 1 lime (squeeze for juice)
Step 1: Combine olive oil, cilantro, jalapenos and garlic cloves in a bowl. Mash with a fork, or puree in a blender and add a pinch of salt to taste.
Step 2: Wash chicken breasts under cold water, then cut chicken into chunks.
Step 3: Mix cut chicken with marinade. Ideally, let it sit in the fridge overnight, but whatever you have time for works.
Step 4: Skewer chicken, onions, green and red peppers and cherry tomatoes.
Step 5: Grill on the BBQ, squeezing a lime over them as they cook.
What is the best BBQ recipe you’ve ever grilled up? Feel free to share your own triumphs on the ‘cue in the comments below!