Take the Top Off!
The open face sandwich is the convertible of sandwiches – take the top off, and you’re in for a better ride. They’re also an easy way to eliminate empty carbs while enjoying your favourite one-handed lunch.
If you’ve never tried curried chicken salad, you’re in for a treat. This meal is packed with flavour! You can eat it on its own, or spread a few scoops on a slice of bread.
What you’ll need:
- ¼ cup chopped, cooked chicken (about ½ chicken breast)
- 1 tbsp mayo or ranch dressing
- 1 chopped stick celery
- 1 tbsp raisins (dried cranberries also work)
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 slice of whole grain bread
- A handful of greens (arugula, spinach, or mixed greens do the trick)
- Combine mayo and chicken pieces
- Add curry powder and mix
- Add celery, raisins and mix
- Spoon onto bread, add greens on top – and you’re ready to eat!
Do you like this blog?
As a national charity, we rely on donations to provide our services to Canadians. Every contribution helps.Make a Donation