Ah, breakfast – the most important meal of the day. Eating breakfast has been shown to increase mental capacity and improve behaviour, mood, and memory. But to be honest, the same goes for dinner! And if you don’t plan your end-of-day meal, you’re more likely to cave and grab fast food on the drive home.
To break your bad habits, we’ve got a simple, tasty, and one-handed breakfast-for-dinner winner: the Breakfast Burrito.
- 2-3 eggs, beaten
- 2 handfuls of chopped spinach
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- Whole wheat tortilla
- 1 avocado
- Sprinkle of grated cheese (try feta cheese if you want to make it healthier)
- Optional: Tomatoes, Salsa, black beans, and rice
- Sautee veggies in a bit of olive oil for 5 minutes, then push to the side of the frying pan
- Scramble eggs in the pan with olive oil (1 min.)
- Grab your tortilla, top with avocado slices and wrap it up!
Pro Tip: Double-up the recipe to make one for dinner and save another for tomorrow morning’s commute.