Chow Down: 5 tips for Healthier Eating
1. Reach for your nuts. Bring a handful of nuts to work to eat as a snack when you get hungry. This will avoid a trip to the vending machine and save some cash.
2. Fill your sandwich with leftover steak or chicken instead of cold cuts or cured meat. Most deli meats are high in salt, which can increase blood pressure.
3. Watching the game? Choose snacks like popcorn or baked sweet potato fries over chips, pretzels or regular fries.
4. Faster, stronger, harder. Improve your sperm motility and quality by eating a handful of walnuts and some carrots as a snack. Adding walnuts and olive oil instead of butter to your steamed carrots also works.
5. Skip the supersized portions at fast-food joints. The more food on the tray, the more we tend to eat. Even better? Make your own pizza at home instead of ordering in with this quick and easy recipe.
Big thanks to the Dieticians of Canada for these tips!