When the temperature drops, nothing hits the spot like Chicken Noodle Soup. But what if you could get that same, home-cooked-from-Mom kind of meal using chickpeas instead? That’s right – we’re gonna blow your mind with our Chickpea Noodle Soup. It’s your classic chicken noodle soup but with chickpeas instead of chicken for a similar protein boost.
Ingredients (Makes about 3 servings)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 stick of celery, sliced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 4 ounces fettuccine or similar flat pasta
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add broth and Italian seasoning and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and cook for 2 minutes. Serve.