Nachos and beer with the buddies, its tradition, right? Melted cheese, crispy chips, spicy meat, mmmmmm… OK, we won’t lecture about the evils of tons of cheese, so here’s a nacho recipe that even your wife will approve of.
- 1 bag whole grain tortilla or sweet potato chips
- 1 lb of lean ground turkey
- Handful of sharp cheddar (strong cheese means using less for the same taste )
- Tomato, diced
- A handful of red onions, chopped
- Olives and/ or pickled jalapeños
- Handful of lettuce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Using a small drop of vegetable oil in the pan, sauté the lean ground turkey with your favourite spices. We suggest chilli powder, oregano, garlic powder and cumin. Don’t be afraid of over-spicing, it will make the nachos more flavourful!
- Arrange chips on baking sheet and sprinkle generously with the veggies (except the lettuce), olives and pickled jalapeños.
- Top with the cooked turkey. Finish by sprinkling with sharp cheddar.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the chips are browning.
- Remove from the oven and add your lettuce
Serve with fresh salsa and guacamole. Chow down!