Your camping trip is about to get a whole lot tastier. This Greek BBQ recipe is quick and easy to prepare, and it’s bound to make your crew a bunch of happy campers. Not venturing out to the great outdoors for a tenting excursion? BBQ these bad boys up in your backyard for a healthy summer snack.
- 2 medium potatoes PEI russets
- 2 red onions sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp oregano dried
- feta cheese and olives as desired
What to do:
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place a large piece of aluminum foil on the countertop. Add a second layer on top.
- Cut potatoes into 10-12 wedges each. Then combine potatoes with red onion, cherry tomatoes and garlic in a bowl. Add the olive oil, oregano, and season with salt & pepper; toss to coat.
- Place the vegetable mixture onto the centre of the aluminum foil. Roll up package tightly by folding the two longer edges together then the two shorter edges.
- Place on grill and cook for 18-20 minutes; turning parcel occasionally.
- Remove from grill with tongs, carefully open package and top with feta cheese and olives. Serve immediately.
Canadian Men’s Health Foundation would like to thank the Canadian Produce Marketing Association and their Half Your Plate program for providing this delicious and healthy recipe.