All-mighty chicken, an excellent protein source and often meal staple for us guys. Here’s a recipe that is sure to revive boring chicken for good with the fresh, big flavour, of lemon, garlic and rosemary.
We also suggest making a swap from the fatty skin-on poultry for equally tender, boneless, skinless chicken breast. Pair this with roasted potatoes and asparagus for a complete weeknight meal.
Total Time: 35-45 min Serves: Up to 4
What you’ll need
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ lbs. of baby potatoes
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary (3 inch sprigs)
- Olive oil (health swap: use warm coconut oil)
- Lightly grate lemon skin of both lemons (known as lemon zest) and put in a side dish. Pull rosemary leaves off stems.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine a few tablespoons of cooking oil, 4 cloves of crushed garlic, rosemary, and juice from 1 and a half lemons. Put half the mixture in a side dish for the chicken.
- Wash chicken breast and place on a plate. Rub chicken with lemon zest. Pour your side dish of herb mixture over the chicken, and ensure both sides are lightly coated. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Remember to wash your hands after touching chicken to avoid cross-contamination.
- Set oven to 425F.
- Wash potatoes and cut them into halves.
- Add potatoes to the bowl of herb mixture and toss until evenly coated, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer potatoes to a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 mins at 425F, or until browned and crisped.
- Cut off the bottom 1/3 of the asparagus.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven to place the asparagus over top of the potatoes. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and lemon juice. Roast the asparagus with the potatoes for the last 12-15 mins, depending on thickness of the asparagus.
- While asparagus and potatoes finish cooking, place your chicken in a stovetop pan on medium-high heat and sear/brown both sides, about 1 ½ mins per side. Reduce the heat to medium-low heat, cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and cook for 8-10 mins, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove roasted potatoes and asparagus from the oven, and plate with the chicken breasts!
Thank you for sharing this recipie, I made this tonight, and it was amazing!! I am am going to freeze the leftover miso mixture in an ice cube tray for easy measurement in the future. For soft boiled eggs place eggs in 1″ boiling water, cover and cook for 6 minutes exactly, and they come out perfectly. Thanks again!