Sweet and salty — the perfect combination for a summer salad. Ripe and juicy peach halves wrapped in thinly sliced prosciutto make this a classic Italian dish. Not only a tasty addition to your repertoire, this salad is an easy way to get some fruit and veggies into your next backyard BBQ menu!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 2 peaches
- 2 slices prosciutto (from the deli)
- 1 tbsp basil, chopped
- 4 cups arugula (or your choice of greens)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits. Chop basil into small pieces.
- Sprinkle each peach half with basil and pepper. Wrap each half with prosciutto.
- Place wrapped peaches on preheated greased grill. Grill, flip once for a total of 5 minutes or until peaches are softened and prosciutto is crisp.
- In a large bowl toss together arugula, pepper, vinegar, oil, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Divide salad among 2 plates and top each plate with 2 peach halves to serve. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
Canadian Men’s Health Foundation would like to thank the Canadian Produce Marketing Association and their Half Your Plate program for providing this delicious and healthy recipe.