It’s cold and miserable outside and you’re inside with your hands wrapped around a warm bowl of Grizzly Bear Chili. Life is good, and getting there only takes 15 minutes of prep time with this recipe.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 11-ounce cans of crushed or chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans of mixed beans
- 1 can of black beans
- ½ chopped medium onion
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 diced garlic cloves
- ½ tbs ground cumin (if you don’t have any you may replace with more chili powder)
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos
- Open all three cans of beans and drain. Fill a bowl or pot with water and add the beans to the water. Let sit while you prep the rest of the chili.
- Chop your onion and dice your garlic.
- Grab a pan and splash a bit of coconut or olive oil in it. Fry up your ground turkey, onions and garlic.
- In your slow cooker (if you don’t have one a large pot will work fine) empty the cans of tomatoes. Add the chili powder, red pepper flakes, cumin and the turkey mixture.
- Stir around the bean/water mixture with your hands or spoon and drain. Fill again with water – stir again giving the beans one final rinse and drain one last time before adding the beans to your slow cooker.
- Prior to serving, stir in the jalapenos.
Please note: no Grizzly bears were harmed in the making of this recipe.
Want more? We’ve got 9 other amazing winter recipes ready for you. Click here to get your free 10 Great Winter Hibernation Recipes eBook!
Seems like information is missing.. how long does it cook and at what temperature?
Yes, you are right. That IS important information to be missing. Looks like we need to update this older recipe. Thanks so much for pointing it out! Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chilli thickens and the flavours come together.