Winter nights are here, and when it’s cold outside, nothing says comfort food like a big bowl of chilli. Chilli is one of those guy-friendly dinners that delivers a ton of healthy veggies, and it’s way easier to make than you think!
This one’s good for the whole family, so take control of the stovetop like a chilli cook-off pro.
Chilli also freezes well, so you’ll have back-up dinners when you need ‘em.
- 1 package extra lean ground beef
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and strained
- 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed and strained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 container of veggie or chicken broth
- Chili spice mix (grab these packages pre-mixed at the grocery store, or try your own chilli spice mix here)
- Optional: Corn, chopped bell peppers, celery, diced potatoes, even a can of beer! For this last one, adjust your broth accordingly. You don’t want too much liquid.
- Cook ground beef in a large pot. (Pro Tip: Add minced garlic and a chopped onion for better taste.)
- Combine remaining ingredients in the pot and stir.
- Cook on medium to medium-high for about 30 minutes. When the mixture has boiled down to a nice thickness, you’re done!