Nothing comes between a man and his barbecue, but unless you’re feeding a family of six, you may want to leave that 32-ounce porterhouse steak in the freezer. Instead, use some Asian persuasion with a Beef Thai Salad ― it cuts the carbs while still satisfying that red meat craving.
What you need:
- 1 lb. quality tenderloin steak marinated in just a few splashes of light soy sauce
- 1 heart of Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 chili pepper, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, sliced
- Fresh squeezed lime juice (1 medium size lime)
- 3 or 4 sprigs cilantro
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp Thai fish sauce (optional)
How to make it:
- Grill that tenderloin to your liking.
- Cool tenderloin, trim off any fat, and slice into thin strips.
- Mix garlic, chilies, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar in a bowl. Then add steak strips, cucumbers and shallots and toss.
- Throw steak strips and vegetable mixture on top of romaine leaves, garnish with cilantro and you’re good to go.
Serves 2 to 3 as an appetizer or boil up some rice and serve as a meal.
Did you enjoy this article? Let us know in the comments.