This week we are doing a take on pesto pasta with nature’s super food avocados, which not only are packed with vitamins, minerals and great fats, but have been shown to lower cholesterol and keep your heart healthy. Pesto pasta can sometimes be a bit dry so adding an avocado bring a great creaminess to the sauce. And if you’re pressed for time this is great recipe – it’ll take you less than 15 minutes to prepare and keep you feeling energized for hours. It’s also great cold, so take those leftovers to work the next day for lunch. Ingredients
- 2 servings of your favorite Pasta
- 1 Avocado
- 1 clove Garlic or a small scoop of chopped Garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil leaves (5-10 or go Basil crazy and add more), Dried Basil works as, use about a tablespoon.
- Lemon Juice – squeeze a whole lemon or a tablespoon of lemon juice
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Cook your pasta.
- While your pasta cooks, peel the avocado and throw into a blender with the garlic, olive oil, basil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper, and blend until nice and creamy.
*If you don’t have a blender it’s o.k.… make sure you chop up your ingredients into small bits, throw them in a bowl and mash with a fork. This method will be a bit chunkier but still delicious.
- Strain your pasta.
- Put pasta in a bowl and cover with your sauce and toss until you coat your pasta evenly.
- If you have some parmesan, sprinkle a light layer on top.
Did you enjoy this article? Let us know in the comments.