5 Tips for a Better Night’s Sleep
Is a restful night starting to feel like a pipe-dream? Or maybe your constant grumpy demeanour is earning you a less than desirable nickname at work. Either way it’s clearly time for a change, so start following these 5 tips and get snoozing:
- Reduce your caffeine intake. Start by cutting out one of your cups of coffee per day, especially in the evening.
- Don’t go to bed on a full stomach. Finish your snacking 2-3 hours before bed.
- Limit how much you drink before bed. No one wants to be up in the bathroom 4 times a night.
- Invest in a good mattress and pillow. You should be spending 7- 8 hours there a night. That’s 56 hours per week, 224 hours a month, 2912 hours a year – worth investing in.
- Say goodbye to the nightcap. Don’t be fooled by alcohol’s seductive nature. Its effects thwart a good night’s sleep.