Drinking to Your Health
When it comes to drinking the line can get a bit a blurry. The good news is studies have proven drinking in moderation can actually have health benefits. But what is moderation?
Lets break it down:
If you’re drinking 15 drinks per week, congratulations! You’re still in a good healthy range. Unfortunately, that’s up to 3 per night, meaning you can’t bank all 15 for the weekend.
1. If you’re using a mix use 100% real juice, and add lots of ice. Why not get some fiber and nutrients in?
2. If you’re going to go with wine go for a dry wine to reduce sugar intake.
3. Keep water handy. Alcohol is a natural diuretic so sipping water with your drink keeps you hydrated and feeling good tomorrow.
4. Eat. Something healthy that is, like a sandwich or chicken burger.
5. Take a multi-vitamin the next day. Drinking can deplete the body’s natural store of vitamins and minerals so go ahead and top up.
6. Drink pop or other artificially sweetened drinks as a mix. The excess sugar can more than double the amount of calories…and hangover.
7. Drink too fast: try not to exceed 2 drinks in 3 hours.
8. Drink with artificial sweeteners. If you need something sweet – it’s better to go for the real thing.
Do you like this blog?
As a national charity, we rely on donations to provide our services to Canadians. Every contribution helps.Make a Donation