Whether you’re interested in supporting our cause, have a question, or would just like to chat, we’d love to hear from you!
Send us a Message
North Vancouver, BC
Phone: +1 (604) 737-2990
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question? We’ve got your back. Here are answers to our frequently asked questions.
What is the Canadian Men’s Health Foundation?
The Canadian Men’s Health Foundation (CMHF) is a national charity established by Order of Canada recipient and visionary Dr. Larry Goldenberg and founding Former President Wayne Hartrick.
Our mission is to inspire Canadian men to lead healthier lives by developing motivational and engaging health and wellness programs.
What does the CMHF do?
The CMHF is triggering a new social awareness of the importance of men’s health, providing tools and resources to motivate men to live healthier, and collaborating with stakeholders in healthcare to reach out to men through their programs.
The CMHF activities include:
- National awareness campaign and website DontChangeMuch.ca
- Tips tools and resources for men’s health, including our Men’s Health Check Tool, the first all-encompassing men’s health risk assessment tool
- Canadian Men’s Health Month
- Ongoing research on best practices to engage men in healthy lifestyles
- Creating awareness within Government and elected representatives, including the formation of a non-partisan Federal men’s health caucus
- “Connecting the dots” within the Canadian landscape of men’s health
- Collaborating and sharing our research with other stakeholders in healthcare
What’s “Don’t Change Much” about?
Who, what, when, where, how was the CMHF founded?
What’s the focus?
What are the biggest risk factors for men? In a word: Lifestyle.
Only 30% of Canadian men’s chronic health conditions are genetic—70% are caused by lifestyle. And because of these bad habits, Canadian men are needlessly unhealthy. For more detailed FAQs, visit MensHealthFoundation.ca.
Aren’t Canadian men healthy already?
- The statistics around men’s health in Canada are alarming—overall Canadian men live in poor health.
- 70% of Canadian men’s chronic health conditions are caused by lifestyle—30% is genetics.
- Canadian men are 57% more likely to die from diabetes than women.
- Canadian men are 79% more likely to die from heart disease than women.
- 67% of Canadian men are overweight or obese.
- Canadian men are 40% more likely to die from cancer than women.
- Canadian men are four times more likely to commit suicide than women.
- Canadian men spend on average ten 10 years of their lives in poor health, often related to lifestyle.
Are you a government organization?
No, the CMHF is a national, non-profit organization.
How are you funded?
The Province of British Columbia, corporate partners, and private donors have generously supported the CMHF. We wish to thank all those organizations and individuals who recognized the importance of this effort early on.
Who are you trying to reach?
- The CMHF has launched a campaign and developed healthy lifestyle messages to encourage all men to live healthier lives—healthier men make healthier families and communities.
- Men who may feel they lack the freedom, permission, or encouragement to be aware of or care for their health.
If I have a serious health issue, how can I get help?
Get Our Easy Health Tips
How can you contribute?
Are you a company interested in supporting our cause? Please contact us by phone or through the form on this page.