Chef Ned Bell & Trevor Linden’s Big Green Salad
Inspired by NHL veteran and one of our champions, Trevor Linden, Chef Ned Bell’s Big Green Salad is a dish that’s perfect for warmer days and features Ned’s specialty, seafood. The salad is packed with lean protein, the right amount of heart-healthy fat, and fiber-filled vegetables to keep you full longer.
- 4-5 oz of salmon per person
- 2-3 avocados
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1 cup sprouted (or canned) lentils
- ½ cup ricotta or goat cheese
- ¼ cup toasted and salted almonds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons
- Sea salt
- Chili Spice, seasoned to taste
Method & Assembly:
- Season the asparagus and broccolini with olive oil, sea salt and lemon zest.
- Lightly grill for 2 minutes on each side.
- Season the wild salmon with olive oil, sea salt and chili spice.
- Lightly grill for 3 minutes per side, cook to medium rare, medium.
- Assemble the avocado, asparagus, broccolini and sprouted lentils on the plate or platter.
- Place the fish on top, crumble the cheese and almonds.
- Lightly pour the extra virgin olive oil on the plate, juice and zest a lemon.
This salad will give you the sustained energy that you need to tackle your day with ease!
Do you like this blog?
As a national charity, we rely on donations to provide our services to Canadians. Every contribution helps.Make a Donation