Whether it’s your first time cooking salmon or you’re a seasoned pro, this meal is one you will enjoy making time and again. Just ask the man behind the recipe, Olympic gold medalist Adam Kreek, who is better known for his chops in rowing than in the kitchen!
Salmon is full of omega 3 fats, which may make you smarter, happier, and healthier. In addition to the salmon, each ingredient has its own healthy benefits and amazing flavour the whole family will enjoy!
What you need:
- 6 Cups root vegetables (beets, sweet potatoes, carrots, etc.)
- 1 red cabbage
- 1 half a salmon, filleted, any variety
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tsp cardamon
- ½ Cup peanut butter
- ¼ Cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp wheat-free soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop root vegetables into 1-inch pieces and the cabbage into ¼ inch slices; mix in a large sized bowl with 2 tbsp coconut oil, spices, salt and pepper to taste. (Optional: Pre-cut vegetables day before for easier meal prep.)
- Place chopped vegetables onto a baking sheet, cook in the oven at 400 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper, place skin side down on a baking sheet and put in the oven at 400 degrees F for 15-30 minutes, or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Add ingredients for special sauce into a small pot on medium heat, whisk together and keep warm until ready to serve, without letting it come to a boil. (Optional: add water to reach desired consistency.)
- When salmon and vegetables are ready, remove from the oven and sauce from heat to serve.
Did you enjoy this article? Let us know in the comments.