Hosting a BBQ at your place this weekend? Impress your buddies with this quick and easy BBQ beer can chicken recipe. Simple ingredients, simply delicious.
- 1 (4-pound or 1.8 kilogram) whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of dry spice rub
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 can of beer
- Remove the giblets and neck from the inside cavity of the bird. Give your bird a good rinse and dry off with paper towel.
- Massage olive oil into your chicken, then coat in dry rub.
- Crack open your can of beer and take a couple big gulps so that you’ve only got ½ a can remaining.
- Place the cavity of the chicken over the beer can then balance the bird on your grill with the beer can resting down.
- Place the onion cut into quarters into the cavity of the chicken along with the beer can.
- Cook for about an hour and 15 minutes on indirect medium-high heat about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Looking for a side to go with it? Check out our Campfire Dinner Recipe for a delicious baked potato and veggie dish to make on the BBQ.
Spice up your weeknight dinner rotation with this healthy chicken tacos recipe. Tacos are a ridiculously tasty way to enjoy Mexican cuisine – they’re quick, filling and flavor-packed. This mouthwatering recipe turns up the heat and features delicious chicken tacos loaded with lean protein.
Sounds good, right?
Get the fully loaded Mexican recipe book for free [signup_bar campaign_name=”healthymexicanrecipes_jan2017″ campaign_id=”E” button_text=”Send”]
Amazing & Healthy Chicken Tacos
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kg skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 large whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded or grated
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup guacamole or 1 sliced avocado
- Wash chicken under cold water and cut into thin strips or bite sized pieces.
- Prep the tortillas, lettuce, cheese, salsa and guacamole.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir chicken, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in the hot oil until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon chicken mixture onto each tortilla and top with cheese, lettuce, salsa and guacamole/avocado.
Protip: Nail these fundamentals, then get creative with your own ingredients.
Kabobs are a healthy BBQer’s best friend. They are quick and easy, and a great way to get more veggies into your meal. Try out this simple and delicious kabob recipe, and add whatever veggies suit your tastes.
Chicken Fajita Kabobs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup olive oil
- Cilantro, chopped (about a handful)
- 2 Jalapenos, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- Pinch of salt
- 1 yellow onion cut in pieces that can be skewered
- 1 green pepper cut in pieces that can be skewered
- 1 red pepper cut in pieces that can be skewered
- Cherry tomatoes (keep these whole)
- 1 lime (squeeze for juice)
Step 1: Combine olive oil, cilantro, jalapenos and garlic cloves in a bowl. Mash with a fork, or puree in a blender and add a pinch of salt to taste.
Step 2: Wash chicken breasts under cold water, then cut chicken into chunks.
Step 3: Mix cut chicken with marinade. Ideally, let it sit in the fridge overnight, but whatever you have time for works.
Step 4: Skewer chicken, onions, green and red peppers and cherry tomatoes.
Step 5: Grill on the BBQ, squeezing a lime over them as they cook.
What is the best BBQ recipe you’ve ever grilled up? Feel free to share your own triumphs on the ‘cue in the comments below!